Saturday, June 26, 2010

No Turning Back

There's no turning back now. If there's a way to turn back time, I would change my decisions. It's impossible to say that I have never regretted. If I did, then I would be a big liar.

There's only one thing I would want to change, which is unis that I applied.

First time knowing University of Wisconsin - Madison, I thought of applying. I think it's a pretty good school. Reasons I gave up?

1. Too many people are applying.
2. I thought it was hard to get admitted and I thought I must be admitted by Madison.
3. Priority date was 15th Dec 2009. I thought I must submit before that day.
4. We were too late to be officially together, hence, we don't have much time to decide which uni we want to go together because we have our own plans before we are together.

What now?

Going to University of Missouri-Columbia alone.

I was admitted by this uni in the end of Feb and received my I-20 in March, I think. This is the reason why I gave up applying to Ohio State University (OSU) in the last minute. My thought: no point applying to another extra uni when you have secured one. Don't waste the money.

Ended up being alone in Mizzou and four of my friends are going to OSU together.

It's fine. What's more? My first choice uni, University of Washington, gave me reply in late of June! So, while waiting for it, I can't do a thing for Mizzou! In the end, what I got was "Thank you for having interest in UW". How sad that was! Due to this factor, I am not able to get the housing I want. Spending all night to find for other housings, and the result? Most of the places are full! All my courage ran out last night. Tears flowing helplessly.

In the end, I found a place called Brookside Townhomes. Called them. Lucky to know that there are three rooms left for the plan I want which is the Four Rooms: Walkout. The place looks nice. (From photos on website) It's expensive. The basic is already $424.75 though the website states $387.75. With furnish (I don't know whether it's fully furnished or semi-furnished), they add-on $31.25, making the rent to be $456.00 per month. I dare not sign up for the utilities package because $474.75 per bedroom. ($50.00 per month) I don't have sufficient money to pay for the total rent all together every month if I sign up for utilities. So, have to save on electricity. Besides, the houses are 5.1 miles away from my uni! Though there are free buses every 30 minutes to fetch the residents, but I think I still have to prepare early because the journey might take 15-20 mins, not including the walking I have to do after reaching campus. Breakfast will be prepared every morning. It's a good service but I do not know whether it is healthy and tasty or not. The manager even said that I will only sign my lease agreement on the day I arrive US. So, I have to pay on the spot, sign on the spot and move in on the spot since she said I can move in anytime in August. However, the lease ends on 15th July every year. I don't know where am I going to live from that date until 14th August. Gonna try looking for some temporary room when I am there in the states. Hmm...what else? Oh! Roommate matching service is provided. Hopefully I end up living with pretty good roommates. Weight room, pool, internet are included in the rent too, together with hushwall! I like this criteria. I can have the room all to myself without worrying about disturbing others, especially when I webcam with my bf. Unlike other living places, Brookside Townhomes has no computer labs which provide free printing. Guess I'll have to find a solution for it.

Link to the Brookside Townhomes to see photos and floorplans: http://www.brooksidetownhomes.com/units/four_four_wo

Next would be my visa. All the SEVIS fee, visa application fee and service fee are paid. Now just left with...oh ya! I forgot about visa photo! Gonna find one day to take it. Totally forgot about it. So, I just left with the form, visa photo and interview. Lot of things to be done actually. I've not even start buying winter clothes, luggage bags and etc... Can't believe that the day to fly to US is so near. Start to feel a bit scared. ~.~ NO MORE HOLIDAYS... wu~wu~wu~ =(

2 comments:

siapa lagi said...

i am one of the 'accidental' visitor.
check out my email in your hotmail.
why don't you live on campus? 5.1 mile is a far distance i would say.

Unknown said...

i don't think there's any on campus residence halls for me to stay. wanna knw why? ask Joanne. I skyped with her yesterday.
i know it's far because it's 7.7 km stated in google map. what else I can do? for me, having a place to stay now is good enough.

Run Devil Run + Love Light